Important Note: Expand Furniture Inc declines all liability caused by the incorrect assembly of the bed or failure to mount the bed. If you fail to mount the wall bed to the wall or correctly fasten it, we do not take responsibility for this.
Below is a downloadable PDF of the Queen Hover Wall Bed Desk. The Horizontal versions as well as the Single, Double and King are built the same way with different sized panels.
For the Horizontal Queen and Double model you only need to install 1x piston each side (~1000n is suggested but you can test it with your mattress what works best)
You can see our video install also. We highly recommend you watch the video guide during your install for a step by step visual assembly.
Helpful Notes & Tips for all installs:
- Clear your room as much as possible before you start the install. Unpacking the panels will take some time, longer than many expect, so do this in advance of your install. You will need a power drill, screw driver, wall anchors and a ladder.
- We suggest you have your mattress before your install so you can test it during installation. The included pistons are meant for a mattress weight of 65 lbs or above (Queen Size). If your mattress is less than this please contact us for lighter pistons.
- All Hover & MurphySofa are do it yourself assembly and require wall mounts. It is up to you to determine your wall type, make sure it is safe and correctly mount the wall bed to your wall safely and properly. It is best to hit studs if you have drywall and make sure to use the correct wall anchors for your wall type. You can always install extra brackets and anchors for added security and peace of mind. Your local hardware store or your handyman/contractor should be able to advise on this. We suggest using anchors with weight capacity of at least 100lbs each and using 12 of them for added security. Toggler Snap Toggle Anchors have been a popular choice for Drywall with wood or steel studs. Please do your due diligence for your wall type.
Common mistakes or questions during the install:
- Once you install the pistons there will be strong tension on the bed frame. This is normal! After you have the face panel and the mattress the weight will be correct and it will work properly with normal tension. For this portion the metal frame should not be flush but it should go beyond flush (+3-5 inches) pushing inside the bed. After you add on the face panel and mattress it will move closer to flush and there will be ‘soft stoppers’ to hold it in place flush.
- The Face Panel Clips that join the face panel to the bed frame might need some minor adjusting. Install 1 face panel at a time and make sure it looks straight. Adjust if needed.
- Test both face panels before putting all the screws in. Drill in a few screws per panel for support and then test it by raising the bed up and making sure they look good. Make sure there is good inwards pressure on the frame and that it does not hang forward once you have your mattress on it.
- When installing the back panels (b2/b3) or face panels (a1/a2) you only use 3/4th of the screws/bolts. You are not short and you evenly space until you have none left.
- If you get stuck call or email us or hire a professional to finish off the job: https://expandfurniture.com/contact/
Please view the Piston install guide. This applies to all Hover installs. If you are hiring a professional make sure they watch this video and install the pistons this way.
Hover Queen Wall Bed desk: Follow the Hover Video guide above until the “Desk install portion Below“
Hover Single Horizontal Desk Guide:
If your face panel is not flush (hanging forward) and you have already screwed in the face panel, or you need to change a piston watch this guide: Please take great caution when doing this.
Back Panels: If you are missing 4-6 screws this is normal. B2/B3 do not require every hole to be fixed into the sides/top of the bed just spread them out evenly and leave a few empty. If you are having trouble threading a particular hole move to the next one.
Face Panels: If you are “missing” screws this is normal. A1/A2 do not require every hole to be screwed in. Just spread them out evenly and leave a few empty.
Something not lining up with a panel? If it is this style of lock below, they can be rotated 180 degrees with a flat head screw driver.
This type of lock is typically used on our cupboards and some MurphySofa beds.